Test Automation Engineer Staffing
Tier2Tek staffing and recruitment company provides solutions for Test Automation Engineer Staffing. The main responsibility is to design and run testing on new and existing programming using automatic systems.
For Test Automation Engineer Staffing
Tier2Tek staffing firm has years of experience with Test Automation Engineer Staffing. Our company will take the time to determine your company’s test automation needs and find the best candidates for this role. We always make sure we bring the best employees to you and your company to improve your program and software performance. Tier2Tek looks forward to collaborating with your company to assist with all your staffing needs.
A Test Automation Engineer oversees design and testing programming that will run automatically. The purpose of the testing is to eliminate the amount of manual testing required when setting up new programming or software. It will help target specific features and find problems and bugs and explore ways to fix the problems.
This role is particularly important to companies that rely heavily on automated programming. The test automation engineer helps bring more efficient programs and software to companies that spend less time with manual fixes. This will help a company become more efficient on the running of the back end of the company and all technology-based frameworks.
Responsibilities of a Test Automation Engineer Include:
- Designing and writing test automation scripts,
- Using test automation frameworks.
- Investigating problems in software because of testing.
- Identifying software application weaknesses and target areas.
- Thinking of innovative ideas for automated software test procedures.
- Reviewing software bug reports.
- Work with development teams and stakeholders to do performance evaluations.
- Load and stress testing of the applications.
- Writing automation scripts and implementing software.
- Designing and installing software databases.
- Troubleshooting automation software and finalizing system procedures.
- Identifying quality issues and creating test reports.
- Collaborating with the design team to solve application faults.
- Provide ongoing feedback to upper management.
- Be available for on-call responsibilities and on demand client needs.
- Be available for overtime work when needed.