What Does a Test Engineer Do?
Looking for an employee to be the quality and assurance operative of your production team? Whether you produce mechanical devices or computer software, you are looking for test engineer staffing.
Firstly, the Test Engineer oversees the production process every step of the way. As the tester, the check materials, mechanical and electrical systems and procedures to make sure the product results in quality and stability. Consequently, they are the ones that make sure the functionality aspect of the product meets the expectations of the company.
After the high-quality product is finished, they run tests on it to make sure its functionality meets codes and standards. Secondly, they are there to troubleshoot and find solutions for any uprising issues.
The Test Engineer may also have a team that they manage and train. Furthermore, they may work with the development team to ensure ideas can be implemented efficiently and correctly.
- Knows product requirements (e.g. functionalities, speed, safety standards).
- Firstly, inspects raw materials and machinery to identify defects and malfunctions.
- Then monitors all production stages to ensure safety procedures are followed.
- Initializes quality tests on all production parts and final products to find issues.
- Creates test environments for all mechanical and electrical systems.
- Analyzes test results to detect issues and then troubleshoot the problems.
- Develops fixes and improvements for products.
- Documents technical issues and solutions.
- Builds automated testing systems.
- Ensures products and procedures meet industry standards.
- Knows various testing techniques.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Know quality standards and safety regulations.
- Has fantastic troubleshooting skills.
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or relevant field is a plus.
- Additional certification in Quality Assurance is a plus.