Looking to simplify your staffing?
Tier2Tek Staffing provides premier employee solutions for Teaching Assistant staffing.
The main responsibility of the role is to help teachers in their daily duties.
What Does a Teaching Assistant Do
Looking for an expert aide to help a teacher in the classroom? You are looking for Teaching Assistant staffing.
Firstly, the Teaching Assistant is an educational specialist. Regardless of whether they are needed in grade school classes or college lectures, they have a clear understanding of both the act of education and the course subject(s). Ultimately, the Teaching Assistant works as an aide to the overall teacher. This work may involve maintaining class order, teaching smaller groups, documenting student progress, or creating lessons.
Overall, the Teaching Assistant is an educated specialist who can help the teacher in any way. Whether supporting teachers in class behavior or teaching courses when the main teacher is unavailable, the Assistant is a jack of all trades in the classroom.
- Overall, ensures the safety and well-being of all children.
- Helps the main teacher with any responsibility needed. I.e. teaching, discipline, grading and creating lesson plans.
- Henceforth, maintains active supervision of children at all times to assure safety. Monitors all play areas (if applicable) to assure safety and cleanliness of equipment. Assures all children are visible at all times.
- Firstly, demonstrates knowledge of the Department of Job and Family Services Child Care Licensing Rules and school’s policies and procedures.
- Assures child-staff ratio is maintained at all times.
- Maintains accurate child attendance records daily.
- Maintain a safe, clean, sanitary, and organized learning environment
- Furthermore, responds to crisis or emergency situations that may occur by providing First Aid or CPR. Henceforth, assesses the need for emergency services and prevents the spread of illness.
- Protects all children from physical punishment or verbal abuse by anyone in any program activity.
- Observes children for any suspected or disclosed signs of child abuse or child neglect and report them immediately to the Center Director and/or the proper child welfare agency.
- Safeguards all classroom supplies and equipment, and accounts for any misused, damaged, or missing supplies or equipment.
- Is responsible for cleaning and general maintenance of classroom.