What Does a Financial Reporting Analyst Do?
Looking for a business specialist to help improve the finances of your company? Looking for an expert in accounting, revenue, and business ideas? You are looking for Financial Reporting Analyst staffing.
Firstly, the Reporting Analyst collects and reports on financial statistics for a company. Using these statistics, the Analyst then helps create ideas and solutions for finance-based issues. Overall, a specialist in money and revenue, the Financial Reporting Analyst acts as a consultant for a business, helping them plan for the future and create successful endeavors based on company history and competitors. They crunch the market numbers and create solutions.
- Firstly, assists in the implementation of Accounting Standard Updates (ASUs) and the compilation of audited financial statements.
- Then reviews, designs, implements, and documents internal controls and complex accounting procedures over the financial reporting function.
- Also provides technical accounting support to business units and management.
- Secondly, assess the impact of Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) pronouncements on Company’s financial statements and/or regulatory reporting, develop an implementation plan, and work closely with applicable business units to implement accounting standard changes.
- Finally, researches accounting literature and applies US GAAP standards to non-routine and complex transactions.
- Prepares technical accounting memos to communicate accounting and/or regulatory reporting positions on complex, non-routine transactions to management, external audit firm, or regulatory reporting agencies.
- Compiles and or reviews the company’s audited financial statements and footnote disclosures, employee benefit plan financial report, and regulatory reports as required.
- Communicates with all levels of management to align technical accounting and regulatory reporting requirements with business processes.
- Trains and mentors junior department employees.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Understands and complies with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy.