What Does an Automotive Body Repair Worker Do
Looking for a specialist to work on the body of vehicles? Looking for an expert mechanic to oversee and complete repairs of aesthetic vehicle damage? You are looking for Automotive Body Repair staffing.
Firstly, the Automotive Body Repairer is a master with fiberglass and metal. They understand the intricate dimensions and production of vehicle bodies. Henceforth, they can work to repair any damages to a vehicle. From small chips to massive dents, the Repairer is an expert at recrafting and fixing the outside of cars and other vehicles.
Furthermore, this work may involve painting, replacing, and altering automotive pieces. Regardless of the overall steps necessary, the body mechanic is there to repair the outside of the vehicle.
Example Responsibilities for Automotive Body Repair Staffing
- Firstly, the body tech must be experienced and knowledgeable with parts and fasteners in order to return the unit to pre-collision standards.
- Secondly, is responsible for keeping up with the workflow and the painter’s schedule as well as the repair process to meet the estimated completion date.
- Thirdly, is responsible for completing all necessary paperwork required throughout the repair process.
- Works with Bondo and priming when necessary.
- Removes and replaces body parts.
- Completes box repair.
- Completes metal repair when applicable.
- Finally, buffs and primes when needed.
- The position’s main focus is to increase the lead tech and painters’ output.
- Repairs must be done to a high-quality standard to ensure units do not come back with failed repairs.
- Is responsible for catching and reporting additional damages or parts needed after tear down to minimize delays during the repair process.
- Is available to work a demanding and physical schedule.