CAD Staffing Agency
National CAD Recruitment Agency
Welcome to Tier2Tek Staffing, your premier destination for specialized CAD recruitment services. We understand the critical role that CAD professionals play in the engineering, design, and manufacturing industries. Our dedicated team is committed to connecting you with the most talented CAD designers and drafters who can transform your project concepts into reality.
Tier2Tek provides staffing and recruitment solutions for CAD design and drafters. We source candidates with AutoCad, Revit, SolidWorks, SketchUp, and MicroStation experience. With Decades of experience staffing for CAD engineers and technicians, we can help you source, screen and hire top Computer-Aided Design (CAD) professionals.
Why Choose Tier2Tek for Your CAD Staffing Needs?
Tier2Tek Staffing stands out as a leader in CAD recruitment. Our extensive network of CAD professionals encompasses experts in various CAD software, including AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Revit, and more. We pride ourselves on our rigorous screening process that ensures only the most proficient candidates are presented to our clients.
- Industry Expertise: Our recruiters have specialized knowledge in CAD technologies and industry trends, ensuring we understand the technical requirements of each role.
- Quality Talent Pool: We maintain a robust database of pre-vetted CAD professionals ready to meet the demands of any project.
- Customized Recruitment: Each client receives a personalized staffing strategy that aligns with their specific project needs and company culture.
- Efficient Hiring Process: Our streamlined recruitment process ensures quick turnaround times from job posting to placement without compromising on quality.
- Commitment to Excellence: We are dedicated to providing exceptional service and support, ensuring that both clients and candidates are satisfied.
Our CAD Recruitment Process
Our recruitment process is tailored to the unique demands of the CAD industry. We begin with a thorough understanding of your project requirements and company culture to ensure a perfect match. Our recruiters leverage their technical expertise to identify candidates who not only have the right skills but also align with your company’s vision.
- Needs Assessment:
- We start by understanding your specific CAD staffing requirements, project objectives, and company culture.
- Talent Sourcing:
- Utilizing our extensive network, we source a diverse pool of candidates with the right CAD skills and experience.
- Candidate Presentation:
- We present you with a shortlist of the best candidates, complete with detailed profiles and assessment results.
- Client Interviews:
- Candidates participate in interviews with your team to assess fit within your organization and technical capabilities.
- Offer Management:
- Our team aids in finalizing employment terms, ensuring both parties are content with the arrangement and facilitating a smooth start for the new hire.
- Onboarding Support:
- We provide support during the candidate’s transition into their new role, ensuring a seamless integration into your team.
- Post-placement, we follow up with both client and candidate to ensure mutual satisfaction and address any concerns.
CAD Positions We Staff
At Tier2Tek Staffing, we provide a comprehensive range of recruitment services for various CAD positions. Our expertise lies in identifying and placing highly skilled CAD professionals who can deliver quality designs and contribute to the innovative engineering solutions of our clients. Here are some of the key CAD roles we staff:
|CAD Drafters||Skilled in creating technical drawings and plans for manufacturing and engineering.|
|CAD Designers||Experts in designing complex components, products, and structures.|
|Mechanical Designers||Specializing in mechanical systems and components using CAD software.|
|Architectural Drafters||Creating detailed architectural drawings and models.|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||Assisting civil engineers in planning and designing infrastructure projects.|
|BIM Managers||Overseeing the Building Information Modeling process and teams.|
|CAD Managers||Managing CAD software and hardware resources, and supervising drafting teams.|
|Electrical CAD Drafters||Focusing on electrical plans, circuitry, and layouts.|
|Structural CAD Technicians||Drafting structural components of buildings and other structures.|
|3D Modelers||Creating and manipulating models in three dimensions for various applications.|
|CAD/CAM Engineers||Bridging the gap between computer-aided design and manufacturing processes.|
|Piping Designers||Designing layout for piping systems using CAD tools.|
|CAD Technicians||Providing technical support and documentation for engineering teams.|
|Product Design Engineers||Developing product designs from concept to production with CAD software.|
|CAD Operators||Handling the operation of CAD software to produce designs and drawings.|
|Geospatial Technicians||Using CAD for mapping and spatial data analysis.|
|CAD Software Developers||Specializing in the development and customization of CAD software applications.|
|CAD Application Specialists||Providing expertise in specific CAD applications and supporting users.|
|Aerospace Designers||Utilizing CAD for designing aircraft, spacecraft, and associated systems.|
|Marine Designers||Designing ships and marine structures with specialized CAD tools.|
Our recruitment process is thorough and tailored to the specific needs of each role, ensuring that we provide candidates who are not only technically proficient but also a good fit for the company’s culture and values. When you need a full-time designer for ongoing work, Tier2Tek Staffing has the resources and expertise to meet your CAD staffing needs.
Industries We Serve
Tier2Tek Staffing extends its CAD recruitment expertise across a diverse range of industries, each with its unique demands and requirements for CAD professionals. Here are examples of a few industries we serve:
- Electronics and High-Tech: Staffing CAD specialists who design intricate electronic components and consumer gadgets.
- Energy Sector: Providing talent for designing energy systems, including renewable energy infrastructure and oil & gas pipelines.
- Medical Devices: Connecting companies with CAD experts skilled in creating precision designs for medical instruments and devices.
- Telecommunications: Offering CAD professionals who can design the complex layouts required for telecommunications systems.
- Transportation: Staffing for the design of vehicles, from cars to trains, as well as the infrastructure that supports them.
- Environmental Engineering: Providing CAD services for environmental projects, including water treatment facilities and pollution control systems.
- Consumer Products: Connecting designers who can bring new consumer products from concept to market with CAD expertise.
- Biotechnology: Staffing CAD experts who design cutting-edge laboratory equipment and biotech devices.
- Agricultural Engineering: Offering CAD staffing for the design of agricultural machinery and farm infrastructure.
- Mining and Geology: Providing CAD services for creating geological maps and designing mining equipment.
- Urban Planning and Development: Staffing urban planners and designers who use CAD for city planning, zoning, and development projects.
- Robotics and Automation: Staffing CAD professionals who design components and systems for robotics and automated machinery.
- Custom Fabrication: Connecting businesses with CAD drafters who can design custom parts for bespoke fabrication projects.
- 3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping: Staffing specialists in CAD modeling for 3D printing and prototyping applications across various industries.
- Railway Systems: Staffing CAD experts for the design of railway infrastructure, rolling stock, and signaling systems.
- Petrochemicals: Providing CAD professionals for the design of petrochemical plants, piping systems, and refineries.
- Renewable Energy: Staffing CAD designers for solar panels, wind turbines, and other renewable energy technologies.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing: Providing CAD expertise for the design of semiconductor devices, microchips, and cleanroom facilities.
- Water Resources Engineering: Offering CAD staffing for water management projects, including dams, irrigation systems, and flood control.
- Pharmaceuticals: Connecting the pharmaceutical industry with CAD professionals for the design of drug delivery systems and production facilities.
CAD Drafter Data
Based on the information retrieved from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, here are some key facts and data around CAD Recruitment.
- Median Pay (2022): Drafters earn a median annual wage of $60,400, which translates to about $29.04 per hour.
- Education: Typically, drafters have at least an associate’s degree.
- Employment Numbers (2022): There are approximately 197,300 drafting jobs.
- Job Outlook (2022-2032): Employment for drafters is projected to decline by 2%, with an estimated decrease of 4,300 jobs.
- Annual Openings: Despite the decline, there are expected to be about 16,600 job openings each year on average, mainly to replace workers who transfer to other occupations or exit the labor force.
These statistics provide a snapshot of the drafting profession, which is a significant segment of the CAD recruitment market. The data suggests that while there is a slight decline in overall employment, there remains a steady demand for drafters to replace the existing workforce.
What Does a CAD Specialist Do?
A CAD (Computer-Aided Design) Specialist is a key player in the engineering, architecture, and manufacturing sectors, responsible for creating precise 2D and 3D technical drawings and models using CAD software. They collaborate closely with engineers, architects, and other professionals to translate conceptual ideas into detailed plans, ensuring accuracy and compliance with industry standards and client specifications. Beyond design creation, they also manage documentation, revise designs based on feedback, and maintain software proficiency. Their role involves quality control, problem-solving, and sometimes training others, making them an integral part of translating innovative concepts into practical, detailed visual representations for various projects.
- Design and Drafting: Use CAD software to create detailed 2D or 3D designs for engineering projects. Ensure all designs meet specified guidelines and standards.
- Collaboration: Work closely with engineers, architects, and other professionals to understand and fulfill project requirements.
- Documentation: Maintain clear and accurate documentation of design files, modifications, and specifications for future reference.
- Quality Control: Review designs for compliance with company and industry standards, and make adjustments as needed.
- Problem-Solving: Identify and resolve design and drafting challenges, employing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Training and Development: Stay up-to-date with new CAD software updates and advancements. Train and guide junior CAD staff if needed.
- Project Management: Assist in planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in drafting, engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience with CAD software, such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or Revit.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills.
Common Skills for CAD
Engineering & Design
The essential skill for a CAD drafter is the ability to engineer and design per requirements. The technician must be able to create diagrams based on specific requirements of clients. In addition, one must be able to read technical drawings and adjust as needed.
Mathematics & Calculation
Being able to calculate and apply results to CAD drawings is essential for common CAD skills. Although most CAD software automatically calculates each line, it’s important to be able to ensure the basic calculations add up to the client requirements.
As a CAD drafter, technicians will need to use memory intensive software to draft and design their models. It’s essential for CAD technicians to have a good understanding on how the computer uses its resources to generates CAD diagrams.
Knowledge of CAD software such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, CATIA, or Revit is essential. CAD professionals should be able to create detailed 2D or 3D designs.
CAD professionals must be able to visualize the end product from 2D drawings or 3D models.
Knowledge of industry-specific drafting standards and regulations, such as ANSI, ISO, or ASME.
Common Career Paths After AutoCAD
CAD technicians can move into a party chief role after a few years of experience in land surveying. As a party chief, technicians are responsible for managing land survey projects. The surveying is an important step prior to constructing buildings, roads, bridges, and other structures.
An electrical engineer designs, develops and manufactures electrical circuit boards and equipment. After CAD, an electrical engineer will utilize the CAD experience to design electronics such as circuit boards, motors, power generators and electrical systems.
The architect drafts and designs the overall structure of homes, office buildings, bridges, and other structures. With the CAD experience, architects design 2D and 3D plans of their projects and delivers to their clients.