Skip to content
Stages of Desktop Support
Outsourced, Direct-Hire, Temp-To-Hire, Seasonal and Temporary Staffing
Grow Your Workforce.
- Ticket arrives
- A ticket is directed to the local Desktop Support queue qualifying the need for local onsite support to resolve the issue.
- Queue manager
- Queue Manager designation is recommended for equal distribution of tickets. A Queue Manager is a peer who assigns tickets based on availability and or round robin. The role can alternate between technicians on a weekly basis or a Lead can be the responsible technician.
- Ticket assignment
- The ticket is assigned to a technician.
- Responding to ticket
- Opening the ticket as soon as possible.
- Assessing priority
- Based on priority level set by Service Desk, the Desktop Support agent responds accordingly.
- Service Desk notes
- Review the notes from Service Desk.
- Researching the issue
- Investigate possible solutions based on probable cause and providing efficient troubleshooting steps.
- Contacting the user
- Based on availability, phone should be the preferred method.
- Request to visit or set an appointment on the calendar.
- Documenting the proposal for resolve.
- Testing the proposed resolve.
- Document results
- Close ticket with documentation.
- Update knowledge base if necessary.
- Route ticket to the next level with comprehensive notes and justification for transfer.