Service Desk & Help Desk Staffing Agency
Tier2Tek Staffing Firm provides IT Service Desk and Help Desk Staffing for initial first line of IT support. We provide customized options for your specific recruitment needs. Employment options include Direct hire staff augmentation, temp-to-hire, outsourced, and project-based.
IT Help Desk (Service Desk) Staffing
Help desk technicians are required to provide tier one support to network users for support of all applications and services. This position assists end-users with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology via phone and remote desktop tools. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The position utilizes one-on-one consultancy to end users via phone support.
Sample Job Description
- Installs and repairs desktop hardware and software; installs/uninstalls voice and data systems; and processes work orders for voice, video, and data users.
- Performs technical support in a formal or informal help desk setting to users with complex and non-routine hardware and software problems, which includes: logging, troubleshooting, testing, adjusting, resolving, or referring problems to the appropriate Information Technology resource.
- Oversees and provides instruction regarding assigned duties to lower classified IT staff.
- Acts as a liaison between user group and the Information Technology unit to communicate problems and possible solutions.
- Researches new technologies and procedures to meet the needs of users in various agencies or company-wide.
- Provides training to user groups on how to identify and prevent problems.
- Works with other professional IT staff to develop and maintain technical procedures, documentation, and operational instructions and/or project or work order status.
- Tests in-house or vendor developed software and software upgrades for user requirements and documents errors or discrepancies for corrections.
- Creates customized reports from a work tracking system to use in the analysis of hardware or software problems.
- Maintains computerized inventory of voice and data equipment and specialized services for users.
- By position, coordinates work for large scale upgrades or replacements of hardware and/or software.
- By position, responsible for the development of policies and procedures for special IT projects.