IT Help Desk Staffing Agency
When businesses need assistance with IT help desk staffing, they turn to Tier2Tek who can staff for tier 1 roles quickly. Moreover, Tier2Tek staffing agency recruiters are ITIL certified. As a result, our temp agency knows what IT helpdesk managers are looking for in an IT helpdesk specialist. When it comes to employment agencies that specialize in IT helpdesk staffing, Tier2Tek provides ideal candidates that save organizations time and money.
Experienced IT Help Desk Staffing
Tier2Tek employment agency works exclusively with your business to help you with IT helpdesk staffing. We have helped multiple businesses successfully build their IT help desk staff to support their business users.
Our temp agency has multiple IT helpdesk personnel who are prescreened and ready to start with short notice. Contact us today and let us know more about your IT helpdesk staffing needs.
Most importantly, we make sure every candidate meets all the requirements of our clients. We take time to screen every candidate for the basics of the IT help desk position. See why so many companies trust Tier2Tek staffing for their IT helpdesk recruitment needs.
What Does an IT Help Desk Specialist Do?
The IT helpdesk specialist is responsible for initial response to requests, incidents, and problems from business users. For example, they take the initial phone calls from the business users and do their best to resolve the issue over the phone.
Exceptional communication skills and the ability to document customer issues are key responsibilities for this position. In addition, they must have exceptional understanding of operating systems and how they function.
Most importantly, they are the voice of the IT department and must be able to effectively diagnose user issues and resolve them quickly.
Sample Job Description for Staffing
The IT Help Desk Analyst provides excellent customer service and follows written instructions to resolve basic problems. Moreover, the IT help desk representative provides customer support for information technology including, telecom equipment, software, hardware and peripherals for company employees.
The IT help desk agent is skilled in providing technical assistance and support related to computer ERP systems, workstation hardware, software, and networking. The Individual is to provide high levels of customer service via phone and email to ensure customers’ issues and questions are handled courteously and as efficiently as possible.
- Strong understanding of PCs, tablets, mobile phones, peripherals, and various operating systems including but not limited to Windows, Apple iOS, and Android.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), troubleshooting and analytical skills. Communication skills are essential when handling trouble calls or researching system errors.
- Demonstrated patience and overall courteous behavior.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Proficiency with Windows 7/10 and ability to effectively troubleshoot issues in a timely manner (Windows Server experience is a plus).
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols, Cabling, Wireless, VPN, and Network technologies. Setting up and troubleshooting Apple and Android phones and tablets.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge/experience with most of the MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to determine user needs and respond accordingly.
- Ability to adhere to set schedule and to work alternate shifts when required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; must be self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Answering and appropriately handling customer support requests via phone, e-mail, voice mail, and IM.
- Respond to telephone calls, e-mail and personal requests for technical support.
- Documenting, tracking, and monitoring all work item and resolution activity in the tracking system to ensure a timely resolution.
- Document, track and monitor ALL issues (in ServiceDesk) to ensure timely resolution.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Document, track and monitor ALL IT assets including hardware, software, desk phones, cell phones, etc.
- Perform remote control task with end users (Apple and Windows).
- Escalating issues of a higher complexity to Tier 2 and Tier 3 specialists when appropriate.
- Provide resolution to all desktop and laptop support requests (Phone, Email, etc).
- Searching online for possible solutions when they aren’t documented in our knowledgebase and creating and updating knowledge articles in the IT Knowledgebase.
- Troubleshoot system failures and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Pro-actively manage the help desk case management system.
- Implement solutions with proper documentation.
- Responsible for tracking hardware/software inventory.
- Provide Basic Active Directory administration (user related login, password, ID lookup).
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Providing off-hours support on a scheduled rotation.