For Experienced DevOps Engineer and Analyst Staffing
Our staffing agency has been staffing DevOps positions for many years. Most importantly, we know what it takes to find the right talent for your specific hiring needs. Contact us today and let us know more about your DevOps staffing needs.
In addition to providing top talent, we maintain a large database of prescreened DevOps Engineers. Tier2Tek Staffing Agency already has candidates ready to go as soon as you need them.
What Does a DevOps Engineer Do?
In short, a DevOps Engineer is someone who gaps the relationship between the operations role and the development role. That is to say, they are in charge of managing the relationship between the two departments. They are great communicators and technically strong. Moreover, they take the business needs and successfully integrate them into a solution. In addition, they must be able to bring the software engineers and the operations management team together to provide a successful solution for the business.
In summary, a DevOps Engineer stays between the development team and the deployment team. They ensure all the requirements are met before they release the solution.
According to GlassDoor, the average salary for a DevOps Engineer is $134,422 a year.
Sample DevOps Engineer Job Description for Staffing
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for planning and implementing modernized infrastructure, working with engineering teams, system engineers, and software engineers to design secure and scalable solutions. They will utilize multiple cloud service providers and a business’ data centers.
- Has a four-year degree, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- 1-3 years of hands-on system administration or system engineering experience.
- 3-5 years experience in DevOps at an enterprise company.
- Technical certifications such as SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, and AWS Certified Developer are considered a plus.
- Strong Python scripting experience.
- Experience provisioning, configuring, and deploying applications.
- Experience in automation tools (ie. Jenkins, Gitlab).
- Project planning, source code management, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and monitoring.
- Applies and supports automation using DevOps tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef. Gathers client requirements, evaluates options, and implements technologies that best suit the client’s needs.
- Designs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains computer systems.
- Deploys, manages, and maintains secure, scalable network systems using technology from a variety of vendors.
- Performs security, performance, and availability assessments.
- Learns (and shares) new skills through independent research, formal training, and industry events.
Common Certifications for DevOps Engineer Staffing
AWS SysOps Administrator
Provided directly by Amazon Web Services, the SysOps Administrator certification requires that the candidate has experience working as an overall systems administrator, in-depth IT experience, and an understanding of mapping on-premises to the cloud. It is based upon passing an exam that requires proof of knowledge and expertise. If the candidate has this certification, you can be sure they are an expert on the AWS platform.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Much like the aforementioned SysOps certification, the Architect-based certification is a course and test provided by Amazon Web Services. Not only does it test the candidate on IT experience and mapping on-premises to the cloud, but it pinpoints Architect specifics. It works to ensure the candidate understands creating and applying applications in AWS. It shows knowledge and skills in using the AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)Understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework, AWS networking, security services, and the AWS global infrastructure
AWS Certified Developer
As noted, this is the same type of certification provided by Amazon Web Services. While it also covers the basics of AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)Understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework, AWS networking, security services, and the AWS global infrastructure, it also shows knowledge of overall development. Meaning, it proves the candidate is able to create and maintain in the AWS platform.
Common Career Path Around DevOps Engineering
AWS Engineers oversee the development and maintenance stacks in the cloud platform. These stacks contain applications for the company and can be used for internal or external usages. They rely heavily on the IT side to make sure all the cloud-based applications are working at maximum efficiency.
Firstly, the Windows Deployment Technician is a software engineer that oversees the usage of Microsoft Windows within a company. This may include installing, training, deploying, and maintaining these systems. Whether just the overall use of Windows as a company’s main operating system or the integration of it into new products, the Windows Deployment Technician is there for all Windows needs.
A Release Manager is an important position within a company’s IT department. They oversee the development and integration of new software. Moreover, they determine the company’s software requirements and then work with programming and software specialists to develop those programs. They find what resources are needed for each project and make sure each software is developed in a company’s timeframe.