Looking to simplify your staffing?
Tier2Tek Staffing provides premier employment solutions for Traffic Technician Staffing.
The main responsibility of the role is to maintain the integrity and operations of traffic equipment.
What Does a Traffic Technician Do
We often find ourselves screaming obscenities while being stuck at traffic lights. From the average stoplight to train crossings and yields, traffic operations can seem like a hassle. But, it’s important to remember the defining safety that underlines all traffic technology. Without it, driving would be a dangerous endeavor.
But who makes sure that the technology is operating successfully? Who replaces the traffic light bulbs, repairs stopping arms, and fixes controllers? That’s the Traffic Technician, the underrated hero of driving safety.
If you are looking for an engineer that can troubleshoot and fix traffic lights, accompanying electrical lines, and other public work traffic tech, you need Traffic Technician staffing.
- Operates and works from a bucket truck from considerable heights while installing, maintaining, and inspecting street lighting and traffic signals.
- Replaces fixtures, rewires arms, and taps into 240 volt/amps secondary electrical lines.
- Re-lamps traffic signals, straightens heads, and repairs visors. Programs and makes timing changes in traffic signal controllers. Maintains school signals and timing devices.
- Assembles new traffic signals, runs conduit across highways, and installs concrete bases for mast arms and pedestal poles. Wires control cabinets, installs signals, and initiates the operation of the signals at intersections according to required specifications.
- Maintains stock of parts, tools, and equipment in the truck and provides routine maintenance on the truck.
- Operates tools, equipment, and vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Completes routine forms relating to work completed and materials used.
- Performs work of lower classifications as necessary.
- Acts as a lead worker when working with employees of a lower classification.
- Is on call for emergencies involving street light and traffic signal trouble work to repair hazardous highway conditions.
- May be assigned to other Public Works divisions to perform required duties.
According to GlassDoor, the average salary for a Traffic Technician is $41,063 a year.
Why Work With Tier2Tek Staffing?
- Overall, we stand by communication. We stay in contact with you throughout the entire hiring process. There are no hidden fees or stipulations.
- Furthermore, we assign every client a personalized account manager. This allows us to learn about your company’s culture and candidate qualifications.
- Finally, we have a national database of prescreened candidates ready to work. We can fill any hiring volume with efficiency.
If and when you need a reliable staffing agency that can fulfill your direct-hire staffing needs, Tier2Tek Staffing is the right choice.
Overall, Tier2Tek Staffing has a dedicated team of recruiters that have strategies and resources for attracting and retaining top talent in any organization.