IT Support Staffing Firm
Desktop Support, Tier 2 Staffing
Tier2Tek IT staffing agency specializes in Desktop Support Staffing by finding professional and qualified candidates for most industries. A desktop support specialist is second in line to assist end users with computer problems. After initial phone support, the desktop support agent personally arrives to the end user to resolve technical issues. Please browse all the roles we staff for.
For Experienced Desktop Support Staffing
Email us or call us at (720) 722-2385. We provide staffing services nationwide.
Tier2Tek IT staffing firm has multiple years of experience in staffing for IT support. Most importantly, we make sure all our candidates have a background in desktop support and tier 2 operations. Let us know about your unique hiring needs and we will provide you talented candidates based on your time-frame
Tier 2 IT Support Specialist
This desktop support individual has strong communication skills with at least two years of current desktop support experience. This includes hands-on and on-site support as opposed to help desk operations. This position assists end users with technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology. Support includes specification, installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Installs and repairs desktop hardware and software; installs/uninstalls voice and data systems; and processes work orders for voice, video and data users.
- Performs technical support in a formal or informal help desk setting to users with common hardware and software problems, which includes: logging, troubleshooting, testing, adjusting, resolving, or referring problems to the appropriate department.
- Acts as a liaison between user groups and the Information Technology unit to communicate problems and possible solutions.
- Maintains computerized inventory of voice and data equipment and specialized services for users.
- Maintains technical procedures, documentation, operational instructions and/or projects.
- Reads and understands technical or other complex materials.
- Tests in-house or vendor-developed software and software upgrades for user requirements. Also documents errors or discrepancies for correction.
- Elementary familiarity of network and servers.
- Windows OS, user profiles, backup and restore.
- Works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
- Updating Asset Management.
- Mobile device support.
- Knowledge of Audio/Visual.
- Troubleshooting corporate printing.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.