Backup & Restore Tool
For Desktop Support Technicians
A standalone backup and restore tool that desktop support agents can use to customize and automate their backup of user’s data and profile.
What is Backup & Restore SW?
In summary, it’s a standalone software that a desktop support technician can run on a user’s computer and automatically backup their files to a specified location. Afterwards, the technician can then restore all the saved data back in the same directories of the new user profile. Additionally, the software never has to be installed and can work off a thumb-drive.
How Does The Backup & Restore SW Work?
- login and run the standalone software on the user’s workstation.
- The software will load with default locations of user’s profile.
- Default locations to backup are Documents, Desktop, Downloads, Favorites, Links, Music, Pictures and Videos.
- You can add directories, custom directories, and delete directories.
- Afterwards, you can save the configuration (.t2t). The saved configuration file is great for IT Leads to set default locations for all the technicians to use.
- Once the backup process completes, it will create a .res file on the root. This file is used to restore the data onto the new computer with the same directory locations.
- When ready to restore all the backed up data, login as the user, go to the restore data tab and open the .res file. This will restore all the data in its exact directory structure.
Benefits of Using The Tool
- Portable, single executable file, all-in-one backup and restore user data
- Create custom paths to back up
- Add your own directories and save profile
- Remove directories
- Backup to USB drive or network drive
- Ideal for IT Leads to create departmental profiles for technicians to use
- No human errors during backup and restore
- Consistent backups every time
- Restore with a simple click
- Simple, easy to use